The Honda key fob battery is just one of the many small details that Honda pays close attention to. Every battery eventually loses its charge, even though you can count on this genuine Honda part to last a long time. But don’t worry, replacing the battery in a Honda key fob is simple. How to unlock your Honda key fob can be learned by reading this article.
What Type Of Battery Does A Honda Key Fob Use?
In Sunnyvale or anywhere with hardware or big box stores, a Honda key fob battery is very simple to locate. A flat, circular, 3-volt battery serves as the Honda key battery.
How Do I Open My Honda Key Fob?
While your Honda key fob is designed to be difficult to break, there’s an easy trick designed to open it when it’s time for a Honda key fob battery change:
- To release the metal key from the fob, find the button.
- To remove the key, slide that button open.
- Key edges should be carefully inserted into the key fob’s slot at the top.
- The back of the key fob should pop off if you wedge the key and lightly twist it.
How Do I Replace A Honda Key Fob Battery?
Once you’ve gotten your Honda key fob open, you’ll want to take safety measures to prevent the fob from disintegrating completely. It’s possible to pop out important parts and make a mess if you try to remove the battery by itself. Follow these pro tips to keep your fob intact while replacing your Honda key battery:
- The battery’s location will be directly above where you place your thumb.
- With the aid of your other hand, slowly and carefully remove the key fob’s dead battery.
- Replace the dead battery with a brand-new one.
- Push the pieces together until you hear a snap after perfectly aligning the back and front halves of the key fob.
- The key fob is now secure once you hear the snap.
After changing the battery, you might need to learn how to program the Honda key.
How Do I Program A Honda Key Fob?
It makes sense to want to learn how to program a Honda key after learning how to open a Honda key fob and change the battery. Programming is simple once you’ve mastered the skill of changing a Honda key battery. You can learn how to program a Honda key with these simple steps:
- After entering the cabin and shutting all of the doors securely, prepare your key and key fobs for programming.
- Insert the key and turn to the “On” position. Press and hold the “LOCK” button for one second.
- Release the button and turn the key to the “Off” position. two more times, repeat this procedure.
- Turn the key to the “On” position and hold the “LOCK” button on the key fob for one second. Watch for the doors to lock and unlock on their own. Your car is now in remote programming mode after the locks have cycled.
- Once again hold the “LOCK” button for one second. The key fob has been successfully paired with your car once the locks cycle. Repeat the procedure for any additional fobs that require programming.
- Exit remote programming mode by turning the key to the “Off” position in the ignition.